At the Shai-N Dance Academy, we offer a plethora of different dance forms. In the safety of a classroom with other like-minded individuals, discover the dancer within you! Call us today to know which of these could work best for you!
1. Salsa: Sass, sensuality and verve; just a few of the words that come to our mind when we think of Salsa! A type of Latin American dance done to the music of the same name, Salsa incorporates elements of jazz and rock.
2. Bachata: This is a style of Latin social dance from the Dominican Republic which is associated with bachata music. An extremely fun and groovy dance form, this is great for beginners.
3. Jive: This is a style of dance that originated in the United States from African-Americans in the early 1930s. It is a livelier variant of the Jitterbug, a form of Swing dance.
4. Foxtrot: This is a smooth, progressive dance notable for its long, continuous fluid movement, and is in equal parts graceful and elegant.
5. Waltz: This is a dance performed by a couple who move around the dance floor as they rhythmically turn round and round and is one dance form that is undeniably charming in its gracefulness.
6. Viennese Waltz: Viennese Waltz is a genre of ballroom dance which allows you to move with grace and fluidity that could almost be compared to floating.
7. Cha-cha: Cha-cha is mostly danced to authentic Cuban music. Although people often mistake the counts to be “one, two, cha-cha-cha”, the original counts to this dance form are, “two, three, cha-cha, one”.
8. Tango: Tango is a dance that has influences from African, Native American and European culture. The tango is the result of a combination of the German Waltz, Czech Polka, Polish Mazurka, and Bohemian Schottische with the Spanish-Cuban Habanera, African Candombe, and Argentinian Milonga.
9. Rhumba: Rhumba, also known as ballroom rumba, is a genre of ballroom music and dance. Taking its name from the latter, ballroom rumba differs completely from Cuban rumba. Hence, authors prefer the Americanized spelling of the word (rhumba) to distinguish between them.
Curious to know which dance form would be your forte? Click here to enrol for a fun demo class and experience the joy of dancing yourself!
Private dance classes
Our one-on-one or individual dance lessons are one of our key offerings. Through our individual dance lessons, we get to devote our entire attention to you, so any queries that you might have, or any corrections that need to be made to your form and movements can be done so right away. All this done in the privacy of our studio with just the instructors before you to make the process smoother and comfortable. You can also opt for our private dance classes should you want accelerated learning for specific events, or as a precursor to joining our group classes. We also offer private dance classes for specific events such as weddings, sangeets, etc.
Your wedding day deserves to be perfect. That means your dance moves need to be on point too! Shai-N Dance Academy can help you with that. Our wedding dance lessons are quite the hit with our students because we promise to leave you with a wedding dance that you’ll remember for time immemorial. If you have a song you’d like to do the big dance on, we’ll build our choreography around it, which is extremely graceful and elegant in its simplicity. Depending on the song chosen, our choreography will be based on the dance styles of the Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Waltz and the Rhumba. Sign up for our wedding dance lessons today and we’ll make your special day even more special.
The other side of our wedding choreography is geared towards events related to weddings, such as sangeets. We offer two options here: a) Dance workshops before the event. b) Dance workshops at the event.
The average duration of these workshops is between 60 and 90 minutes. The dance forms that we generally recommend for sangeets are bachata and salsa. We do choreograph our dances to Bollywood numbers provided they have the rhythm of Latin dances.
We teach your kids the basic building blocks of dancing, that will set them up for success in and outside of the studio. The key is understanding the developmental stage young children are in and adapting your teaching style to work with this level of learning, not against it.
Held every Monday and Wednesday, at the Neelambari Hall (AC Venue) in Mapusa between 6 and 7 pm, the classes are targetted for the age group 7 to 14.
The dance styles covered are:
1) Latin 2) Hip hop 3) Bollywood 4) Freestyle
Enroll for 3 months and get a special offer + Plus get a course completion certificate. For more details, get in touch with us here.
India is a country with diverse cultures and traditions and one of them is classical dance. Bharatnatyam is one of the 8 oldest Indian classical dances of India. It is a pure depiction of expression, music, rhythm, and dance. Learn excellent footwork and impressive gestures of Bharatanatyam at the best dance training institute in Goa.
Bollywood, as we all know, is a dance form derived from the popular Indian film industry. It is a mixture of styles which include belly dancing, Kathak, Indian Folk, Jazz, Hip-hop, Arabic and Latin forms, Cabaret, Disco, and finally, the era of freestyle Bollywood. Bollywood dance styles keep changing every day. Come join the best dance classes in Goa to learn all the ‘Thumkas’ of Bollywood.
Zumba is a fitness program for people to love themselves and yearn to be happy dancing their hearts out. It’s a Latin-style dance that includes a bit of Salsa, Merengue, Cha-cha, Cumbia, Soca and Samba along with Hip-hop and Reggaeton. We at Shai-N Dance Academy in Porvorim provide the best Zumba classes in Goa helping you tone that body.
Yoga is for everyone. It is a combination of physical and mental exercises. Whether you are young or old, overweight or fit, yoga has the power to calm the mind and strengthen the body. Shai-N Dance is not just known for being the best dance institute in Goa but is also known for its yoga classes that help people rejuvenate their body, mind, and soul.